From Araós we can go by car to the “Bosc de Virós” and the “Gall Fer” refuge, headquarters of Estació de Muntanya Virós – Vallferrera (Virós-Vall Ferrera Mountain Resort) This is a new concept of winter resort offering the possibility of experiencing the snow and winter in a different way, far from the great masses and in the middle of the sublime and well preserved landscape of the Parc Natural de l’Alt Pirineu.
In this resort Nordic skiing can be carried out along 28 kilometers of signposted circuits of varying difficulty, inside the “Bosc de Virós”. The resort also offers new sensations such as:
- Snowshoes, with 3 signposted circuits inside the wood
- “Mushing” dog pulled sleigh riding, very faithful animals with a special instinct for finding the safest path to follow
- Entertaining downhill sleigh riding with Goshky sleighs, traditional sleighs fitted with a modern brake system.
- Orienteering circuit with snowshoes to learn orientation in the wood in winter with the help of a map and a compass
- Winter educational environmental workshops for school children and groups of children to learn about the wood’s hidden secrets and its fauna.
The Gall Fer refuge, the station’s headquarters, offers sleeping accomodation and meals and the hiring of material (Nordic skis, snowshoes, sleighs …)
Throughout the rest of the year other activities connected with adventure and the discovery of nature can be carried out such as:
- Guided visits to learn the secrets of the explotation of iron from the Roman period to the Bosc de Virós (Boscos de Ferro routes)
- Dog pulled sleighs on wheels circuits.
- Orienteering circuits